|If you ever wanted to uncover the mystery and magic of encaustic, this foundational workshop is tailored specifically for you. In this two-day workshop, you’ll explore your creativity while learning about this most versatile medium.
Starting with the safety precautions and setting up your own studio to completing an encaustic painting from your newly acquired knowledge and skills, you’ll learn step-by-step the fundamentals necessary for a successful painting, And, you’ll be with an experienced encaustic painter to guide you through the processes.
What you’ll learn:
• How to set up your own encaustic studio
• The safety and temperature musts
• What materials to use
• How to make encaustic medium and gesso
• The unique aspects of opaque and transparent colors
• Ins and outs of using a heat gun, torch or iron
• Encaustic painting techniques, layering, fusing, inlay, stencils, scraping, imbedding material
• Best ways to use oil stick, oil, India ink and pan pastel