San Diego Visual Art Network has a mission to improve the clarity, accuracy and sophistication of disclosure about San Diego\'s artistic and cultural life. We are dedicated to reinforcing the idea that the visual arts are a necessary and vital part of the health of our city. By providing a website with a directory and events calendar and facilitating numerous collaborations on visual arts projects, we hope to not only build the confidence of those involved in the arts, but disseminate information throughout San Diego thus raising the bar on the writing, production and appreciation of the visual arts in our region.
Volunteer Opportunity with San Diego Visual Arts Network
Title: San Diego Visual Arts Network Video Consultant
Volunteer Position: Part Time Limited
For the special candidate that qualifies SDVAN will give training and public credit for all achievements. Work times will be consistent and duties clearly identified. All projects will have a finite time schedule.
Year-round program is offered during the summer, fall, and winter/spring semesters with a maximum of five (5) hours per week during the academic school year and up to 10 hours per week during summer holidays depending on departmental needs.
Examples of Duties: The objective of this internship will be to assist the Coordinator of SDVAN in various projects and initiatives.
Project 1: Website Design Video component
Develop primary content and video for the new UTube component Non Profit site for SDVAN
Project 2: Oversee annual online fundraising ask during the month of Nov and December 2010
Data updates on donations and donors
Project 3: Art Meets Fashion assistant to coordinator
Collaborate with multiple partners to ensure smooth completion of this major project with a fashion show, multi-exhibition and educational component
1. Students who applies should be currently enrolled in at least twelve (12) units at an accredited college may qualify.
2. Students who apply in their final semester or quarter who need less than full- time enrollment to graduate with four (4) year degree need only be enrolled part-time in courses required for degree completion.
4. Other volunteers should submit a full resume
4. Educational major must be related to arts or in our areas of interest above
Knowledge of the following will be given priority:
1. Basic knowledge of a discipline that is considered valuable to each project.
2. Computer equipment and software applications related to assignments.
1. Maintain work related records and prepare reports using a computer.
2. Read and interpret typical business correspondence, reports and/or department policies.
3. Follow either written or oral instructions.
4. Work the schedule assigned.
5. Arrive and be ready for assignments on time.
6. Present ideas in a clear and effective manner.
7. Coordinate multiple activities.
8. Use initiative and judgment within established guidelines.
9. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
10.Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, customers, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
11.Work with various cultural and ethnic groups in a tactful and effective manner.