Private Art Gallery
Sergott Contemporary Art Alliance
Part-Time Gallery Assistant
Contemporary Art gallery is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Gallery Assistant for a three-day a week, part-time position. This is a fast paced administrative job where everyone does a bit of everything from sweeping to sales. The gallery is small, the team is small, if you are looking for a large working environment this is not the job for you.
Knowledge of contemporary art a plus and minimum 2 years experience in an office setting; sales, design, PR and cataloging experience is welcome.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Minimum 2 year experience in an office environment
2. Candidate MUST be highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and able to work comfortably with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (training provided)
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Show strong initiative on projects
• Assist Director with personal admin including but not limited to calendar management, travel coordinating and tracking expenses
• Maintaining Inventory
• Assist with marketing efforts and PR outreach coordination
• Updating expenses
• Update and maintain Gallery website and social media
• Create exhibition checklists, press releases, email announcements and semi-annual gallery newsletters
• Manage framing and all local transportation and international shipping. Includes working with vendors for exhibitions and communication with clients on post-purchase arrangements.
• Assist with client presentations
• Organize events: including exhibition openings, artist studio tours, etc.
• Art fair administration
• Research new business opportunities
No Phone Calls. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include ‘Gallery Assistant’ in the subject line. Compensation starts at $12/hour.