SDVAN Monthly Message for May 2013
Dear SDVAN Visitors, Art Resources and Artists,
photo by Rachel Murray/Ambush
- New PICKED RAW PEELED: San Diego Mayor Bob Filner helps celebrate 2012 Art Prize winners at La Jolla’s Athenaeum Music & Arts Library by Lonnie Hewitt and 2012 SD Art Prize at the Athenaeum by Patricia Frischer
- New Contemporaries VI at Sparks Gallery (530 Sixth Avenue, San Diego 92101) Opening Reception Sat. June 8, 7 to 10 pm, Sat. June 1 to Sun. June 30th, 2013
Jennifer Anderson, Irene de Watteville, Michelle Kurtis Cole, Franco Mendez Calvillo, James Enos, Brennan Hubbell, Sonia López-Chávez, Marie Najera,Timothy Earl Neill, Griselda Rosas, Ilanit Shalev , Anna Stump More info: Sonya Sparks
- New April RAW Column is now posted Artist Ed Moses, August 30, 2012, “I don’t like the terms art or artist.”
- .Remember submit your May events for PICKED RAW before the end of April . Branching Out in our Picked RAW section will feature new resources just listed for the firsttime on SDVAN
- Money given to SDVAN is money given to help the visual arts in the entire region of San Diego prosper and be recognized as a vibrant and creative resource. Please consider becoming more involved with SDVAN by giving of your time, expertise, and with your donations. Those of you who can give $25 or more will be listed on the sponsor page. Feel free to contact us with suggestions or questions. Everyone is invited to attend our committee meetings.
coordinator, SDVAN, 760.943.0148
On a personal note: I will be away from San Diego for the whole month of May so watch for my Letter from London next month. Come say bon voyage to me at the Palette 2 Palate event on April 27.
Please follow our Twitter and Facebook
Archived Monthly Messages
Go to this link to find out answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the San Diego Visual Arts Network.